Preventive HVAC Maintenance Is an Excellent Long-Term Investment
When you install a new HVAC system in your home, you expect it to be around for a long time. With the proper amount of preventive HVAC maintenance, your new system will operate with the efficiency and comfort you expect for years to come.
Why Preventive Maintenance Matters
Consider preventive HVAC maintenance as a safety net for your HVAC system. It catches potential problems that could otherwise snowball into bigger and more expensive issues. Without routine maintenance, you could easily find yourself spending hundreds of dollars on emergency repairs.
It’s not just repair costs that make preventive maintenance important. Your system’s longevity also depends on regularly scheduled maintenance. It will not only ensure that your HVAC system lasts throughout its projected 15-year lifespan, but it also runs with excellent energy efficiency and at a lower cost to you.
Tasks You Can Do
In addition to having a skilled technician conduct preventive maintenance each spring and fall, here are some maintenance tasks you can do to keep your HVAC system in top shape:
- Change or clean the air filter on a monthly basis.
- Keep the areas surrounding the HVAC system free of debris.
- Clean dust and debris from the air vents.
- Inspect and, if necessary, clear the condensate pan and drain.
- Have a professional clean the evaporator coil if it becomes dirty.
- Keep your ears open for any strange noises coming from the heating and cooling system.
- Control relative humidity and dust levels in your home.
The HVAC system is a long-term investment, so it only makes sense to protect it with regular service.
Learn more about Air Experts’ preventive HVAC maintenance solutions, or contact us today at 919-887-2132.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com