How to Seal Air Ducts in Raleigh-Durham
If your energy bills seem to be higher than you feel they should be there may be problems in your duct work. Duct work that is dented, damaged, or not connected correctly can be a huge energy waster. It can also cause health issues with those living inside your home. Ducts that are not sealed correctly may be letting 20 – 30 percent of your heated and cooled air out before it even reaches your home!
When it comes to sealing your air ducts, you should always count on a professional. Air ducts may have holes that are too small for the naked eye or located in challenging sections of your ductwork (making it hard to get to!)
If you are in the Raleigh, NC area and are looking for the best duct sealers in the area, count on Air Experts. We have the experience and certifications to seal you ducts and improve your home’s air quality.
Benefits of Duct Sealing
If you are not sure whether sealing your ducts will help, here are some benefits that duct sealing can bring to your home and air quality:
- Duct sealing can reduce your energy costs by allowing a larger percentage of the heated and cooled air to enter your home.
- Duct sealing can help reduce the amount of allergens that enter your home. When your ducts have leaks, these allergens can seep in where they are then blown straight into your home.
- Duct sealing can help reduce dangerous toxins entering your home. When your ducts aren’t sealed properly these chemicals, pesticides and other dangerous toxins have a better chance at getting into your home.
- Duct sealing can reduce stress on your HVAC system. When cooled or heated air is leaking out before it reaches your home, your HVAC system will have to work harder to get your home comfortable.
Even the smallest of leaks in your ducts can wreak havoc on your home and HVAC system. Contact the team at Air Experts today for a full inspection.
Signs Your Ducts Need to be Sealed
There are some easy to tell signs that you may need to have your ductwork inspected and sealed.
- You have rooms that are hotter or colder than the rest of your home.
- Your energy bills are much higher than they were last year.
- Your energy bills seem to be much higher than other comparable homes in your area.
- You have rooms that are stuffy or humid.
- You have allergies or symptoms like headaches, nausea, and repeated upper respiratory infections.
All of these are signs that you may have leaks in your ductwork. The team at Air Experts can help spot and seal these leaks, leaving you to save money and breathe easier.
Duct Sealing Services in Raleigh-Durham
If you would like to know more about duct sealing in the Raleigh-Durham area, contact Air Experts Heating & Cooling. Our team of professionals can inspect your ductwork, sealing any problem areas. Whatever your air duct needs are, we can solve it.
To get started and to schedule service, contact Air Experts today!