Heating System Maintenance in Raleigh, NC
A furnace or heat pump is a vital component in a complete home comfort system. Residential heating appliances are designed to perform reliably through many winter seasons, but they must be properly maintained to keep operating at peak performance. Routine heating maintenance can result in lower utility costs, better performance, and an extended equipment lifecycle.
We provide heating system tune-ups on furnaces, heat pumps, geothermal heating systems, ductless mini-splits, and more! Whatever your heating system, we can provide regular preventative maintenance to keep it running smoothly.
Benefits of Regular Heating Maintenance in Your North Carolina Home
Think of your heating system as if it were a car. Would you go more than a year without taking your car in for a maintenance appointment? No! You know that without regular oil changes and tire rotations, your car won’t perform nearly as well. Your heating system is the same way. Scheduling regular tune-ups keeps it running at peak performance and maximum efficiency so you can get the most out of your system.
Periodic furnace maintenance provides customers with numerous benefits including:
- Improved Comfort: When system deficiencies are unaddressed, they can drastically reduce indoor comfort. Our service techs locate potential performance issues and make adjustments to improve conditioned air delivery.
- Lower HVAC Repair Costs: Routine furnace maintenance can help locate minor problems before they affect system performance. Worn components can fail unexpectedly, which places additional stress on other parts and may result in a complete system failure that creates a need to call for heating and air conditioning repair.
- Better Performance: As part of the heating maintenance service, each system is tuned and calibrated for maximum efficiency. In addition, we inspect your home to identify energy efficiency issues that affect performance such as inadequate insulation levels, leaky ductwork, and gaps in the perimeter envelope.
- Extended Equipment Life: When a heating system is compromised, a furnace must work harder and longer to meet the indoor thermal load. Periodic maintenance will reduce accumulated runtime hours, which will help to increase the lifecycle of the appliance.
To learn more about the benefits of heating system maintenance or to schedule a tune-up with our Raleigh heating and air company, call Air Experts today at 919-480-2727!
Our Heating System Maintenance Process
Since heating systems run inconspicuously in the background, they are often neglected until they break down. When a part eventually wears out, HVAC repairs can be expensive, and the equipment may be permanently damaged.
Preventative heating maintenance will ensure that your furnace or heat pump operates reliably and provides capacity that matches the manufacturer’s specifications. Twice a year, we send factory-trained technicians equipped with precise diagnostic tools to identify minor problems before they can affect system performance.
Each of our routine maintenance agreements includes a variety of important services developed exclusively for central heating appliances.
Inspect the air filters and clean if washable
Inspect the blower motor and wheel
Oil the motors
Measure the temperature rise
Inspect and tighten loose wiring and connections
Test the thermostat for accuracy
Inspect the duct system for air leaks
Test the safety controls
Check and test the main contactor, relays, and capacitors
Inspect and check the heat exchanger for cracks
Test the gas valve
Measure the gas pressure
Inspect the flue piping to ensure proper draft
To learn more about our heating maintenance process or to schedule a heating tune-up in your North Carolina home, contact Air Experts online or call us today at 919-480-2727!
Schedule a Heating Tune-Up in the Raleigh Area Today!
Whatever type of heating system you may have, regular maintenance is crucial to keeping it in tip-top shape! Call Air Experts to schedule a heating tune-up in Raleigh or surrounding areas in North Carolina.
We’ve been the Raleigh and Durham area’s go-to for all home heating, cooling, and indoor air quality needs since 1986. For three decades, homeowners in and around the area have turned to our team because of the professional knowledge and continued reliability we’ve provided. Our Super 7 Guarantees assure you that your satisfaction and comfort are our top priorities.
If you’re in need of heating maintenance service in the Raleigh area, give us a call at 919-480-2727 or contact us online to schedule your repair today!
Heating Maintenance FAQs
How Often Should I Change My Heating Filter?
The frequency with which you change your furnace’s filter will depend on the type of filter you use for your furnace.
- Polyester filters – once every three months.
- Fiberglass filters – once every 30 days.
- Electrostatic filters – once a month.
- Pleated filters – once every 90 days.
- HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters – every six months.
How Can I Make My Furnace Last Longer?
Furnaces can be made to last five to 10 additional years with routine maintenance. You can schedule professional furnace maintenance services with Air Experts.
How Long Will My New Furnace Last?
New gas furnaces can last between 15 and 20 years, whereas electric furnaces can last between 20 and 30 years.