Why Won’t My Furnace Ignite?
Troubleshooting furnace problems can be a big headache. There are countless reasons for a gas furnace to not ignite. In fact, there are so many that it can be hard to even know where to start! But don’t worry, the certified specialists at Air Experts Heating & Cooling aren’t going to leave you hanging.
Furnace igniter refusing to cooperate, or is your gas furnace misbehaving? Contact Air Experts to get fast, effective solutions that guarantee a return to your comfort!
Why Is My Furnace Igniter Failing?
Until a bit more recently, gas furnace systems relied on a healthy pilot light for combustion. And that was just fine for the most part. But modern tech has evolved, and gas furnace igniters have since taken the limelight. And overall, they’ve been a pretty great advantage! Fast access to gas furnace heat, and no reliance on fickle pilots has simplified gas heat in many ways. But that’s not to say igniters are without their problems. In fact, they come with some unique issues all their own:
- Your igniter burnt out. Igniters are convenient and really handy, but they actually aren’t rated to last anywhere near as long as the furnace itself. If your igniter is failing to operate, your most likely cause is that it just got old. The good news is that this is a very simple repair for our professionals, so we can have you set to go in no time when you call.
- Power surges. A recent power surge can knock out an igniter in a hurry on a rare occasion. It doesn’t happen too often, but it is an electrical component, and thus is at the same level of risk to burn out after an outage as any other somewhat sensitive appliance or part.
Other Furnace Complications
Here are a few of our most commonly encountered reasons for a furnace to not operate:
- Your thermostat is set incorrectly. It might be a bit embarrassing, but it just happens sometimes. Occasionally someone forgets to switch the furnace on, or change a central system from “cool” to “heat” when the season changes over. Just be sure to double-check before you call in for a repair service!
- Your limit switch is preventing it. This happens when your furnace overheats for any reason, and is an important safety feature, so your problem could actually be a wide variety of issues. But worry not, we can root out and repair your furnace in Raleigh.
- Your gas has been interrupted. If you use other gas appliances in your home, check to see if they’re operating properly. If they’re not, a call to your gas utility may be in order to ensure service isn’t down for an important reason.
- Your furnace needs professional repair. Try setting your thermostat to the fan setting and see if the blower kicks on. If it does, your issue lies elsewhere most likely. If it doesn’t, you’re going to need gas furnace repair!
Schedule Gas Furnace Service in Raleigh, NC
If something goes wrong with your furnace system, don’t suffer in the cold! Winter is going to be a real biter this year, and your comfort is of utmost importance. No matter the problem, our experts can bring you the best solution for your heating needs, guaranteed. Schedule an appointment now!