Why Is My Heating System So Loud?
It can be troubling when you hear certain noises coming from your home’s heating system, to say the least. Loud noises can often mean something has gone amiss inside your heating system—however, many times these issues are easy for a professional to fix.
Don’t sit in a noisy house just willing the sounds to go away—have your noisy heating system fixed today!
Sounds You Might Hear from Your Heating System & What They Mean
There are several noises that may start coming from your heating system, and many times these noises are so loud and annoying that they can’t be ignored. Here are some of the noises you might hear and why you may be hearing them.
- Squealing or Screeching – These can be the most aggravating of noises, and they sound kind of like nails on a chalkboard. If you hear squealing or screeching coming from your heating system, it could be due to a worn out belt. It is important to get your belt replaced before it breaks altogether.
- Thwapping – If you hear a deep thwapping noise, this is usually caused by an obstruction in between your blower blades. When something gets lodged or stuck, this results in a thwapping sound. This issue could cause excessive wear and tear to your heating system.
- Clicking – Your system will click as it turns on and off. That’s normal. However, if your system begins to click constantly, or it clicks a lot while it is heating, this could be an electrical issue that may start causing your heating system to fail.
- Thumping or Banging – If your system makes a loud thumping sound when it turns off, the solution can be as simple as replacing or fixing your air filter. Check to make sure the filter is installed the right way. If this is not the problem, these loud thumping and banging noises could be due to a problem with your system’s blower motor or assembly. If you hear loud thumping and banging and it is not remedied by fixing the air filter, shut the system off and call an expert.
- Rattling – If you hear rattling from the heating system from inside your house, it is likely due to a loose part or a problem with your home’s vents. The louder the rattle, the bigger the issue may be.
Call Air Experts to Repair Your Noisy Heating System
If you have strange noises coming from your heating system, whether they bother you or not, it is best to get them checked out. Leaving them will not only result in louder noises but can also cause your system to fail altogether or suffer from a reduced lifespan due to accelerated wear and tear.
The team at Air Experts can quickly diagnose the problem that is causing the irritating noises in your Raleigh area home. Our heating repair specialists will then work efficiently to fix the problem, leaving your home warm and quiet.
When you use Air Experts you get peace of mind, knowing that all of our work comes with our 7 guarantees. Call Air Experts today at 919-480-2727 or contact us online for all your heating needs in the Raleigh-Durham area!