Best Way to Remove Humidity in North Carolina Homes
If you walk into your home only to feel like you are in a tropical rainforest, you may have a humidity problem. High humidity inside your home not only makes you feel miserable but it can also start to affect your health. There is one sure way you can reduce and remove high levels of humidity in your home. First let’s look at the effects high humidity can have on your home.
What Happens When Too Much Humidity Gathers in Your Home
When you have high levels of humidity in your home it can have many negative effects; these include the following.
- The house feels warmer than it should.
- Your skin may constantly feel clammy.
- Viruses and infections spread faster.
- You may have trouble breathing, especially if you are an asthmatic or suffer from upper respiratory health problems.
- Mold and mildew will start to build-up in your home. If you can’t reduce and eliminate the mold and mildew in your home it can become a major health hazard.
- Wood furniture and flooring may start to soften and mold over.
- Your home can just become really uncomfortable to be in.
As you can see high humidity levels can be just as problematic as low humidity levels. The key is balancing the humidity levels in your home so that your home stays comfortable and healthy.
How to Remove Humidity in Your Home
If you have an excess of humidity in your home the best way to get the right levels of humidity is to use a whole-house dehumidifier.
Whole-house dehumidifiers work to pull the excess moisture out of the air, balancing the levels so that you achieve optimum moisture levels to keep your home comfortable. These systems are constantly measuring the moisture levels, going to work to reduce the moisture when the humidity levels are high.
You may already be using portable dehumidifiers in your home. A whole-house dehumidifier gives you the added advantage of making sure every room is monitored and that moisture levels are consistent.
Installing a Whole-House Dehumidifier
If you are looking to take control over the moisture levels in your home, installing a whole-house dehumidifier is the way to go. These units work quietly and effectively to help reduce humidity throughout your home. The team at Air Experts Heating & Cooling can assist you with dehumidifier installation. Contact us today to find out more when it comes to controlling humidity in your home.