Get Your Air Conditioner Ready for Summer
While it may seem like summer will never arrive, it’s a good idea to be prepared before the first hot day of the year.
Your air conditioning system is vital to your family’s comfort over the summer, and making sure your system is ready before summer is always a good idea, especially if you’re in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, or other cities in North Carolina.
6 Ways To Prepare Your AC for Summer
- Replace your filters: Filters are a cost-effective way to prepare your AC for the summer. Ideally, you should replace your filters every two to three months, but you may want to do this more often if you have pets or notice your filter gets dirty fast. Replacing your filter will ensure that the airflow from your system is unrestricted.
- Clear the area around your outdoor unit: You don’t want to start dismantling your AC, but you can clear the area around it to help with airflow and efficiency. Clear any leaves and debris from the surrounding area.
- Check the insulation: On the back of your unit, there are coolant lines that connect to your home. These should have insulation on them. If there’s insulation missing or it’s cracked, peeling, or frayed, call your local HVAC contractors.
- Turn your unit on: Turn your unit on early in the season to make sure it’s running correctly before you need it. You don’t have to cool off your house to do this. Just switch on your AC using the thermostat, check that cold air is coming from the vents, then turn it off again.
- Check the registers: Make sure nothing is blocking the registers in your home. You may also want to lift the register grates up and make sure nothing has fallen into the vents. Children’s toys or small pieces can often end up down the vent and it’s important to remove these.
- Schedule a tune-up: Once a year, have a professional fully check your system. By having your system maintained, you can make sure it’s running safely and efficiently. Regular tune-ups will also help extend the life of your AC system.
Schedule AC Maintenance in Raleigh, NC
If you’d like to schedule a tune-up for your air conditioning system or any other air conditioning service, such as replacement, installation, or repair in Raleigh or elsewhere in Wake County, call Air Experts. We’ve served North Carolina homeowners for over 30 years, and we’re always ready to help when you need us.
Air Experts is always here for your Heating, Cooling, Indoor Air Quality, Plumbing, and Water Treatment needs. Our award-winning customer service team is available 24/7, or you can easily book an appointment online.