Heat Pump Replacement & Installation in Raleigh & Durham
A heat pump is the perfect home comfort solution in North Carolina – cool air in the summer and warmth throughout the fall and winter. Air Experts Heating & Cooling specializes in heat pump installation in Raleigh-Durham and throughout the Triangle. And when your existing unit is getting old, count on us for your heat pump replacement needs.
Call 919-480-2727 today or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Heat Pump
If you’re unsure of whether to repair or replace your heat pump, take a look at the following warning signs:
- Age. If your heat pump is approaching or has passed its 15th birthday, it’s time to consider replacing it with a more energy-efficient model.
- Frequent repairs. No HVAC system is entirely maintenance-free, but if you find yourself calling for repairs each season or more than once every few years, or if the cost of a repair is 50% or more of the price of a new heat pump, replacement is a great choice.
- Increased energy costs. If the cost of heating and cooling your home has increased above the natural rise in fuel prices, you may benefit from a high-efficiency heat pump replacement.
- Decreased comfort. If some rooms are hotter or colder than others, it may be the result of leaky ductwork, but an overall lack of comfort is a sign that you may need a heat pump replacement.
- Unusual noises. As system components begin to wear and break down, you may notice some unusual sounds emanating from your heat pump, including hissing, squealing, clanking or clicking. Call Air Experts to diagnose the cause of the noise, perform any necessary repairs, and help determine if you’re better off to repair or replace your heat pump.
Since 1986, we’ve provided reliable heat pump replacement services in Raleigh and Durham. Call 919-480-2727 today or contact us online to get an estimate on installation of a replacement unit!
Advantages of Heat Pumps
Heat pumps offer Raleigh-Durham homeowners several benefits, including:
- Dual functionality. This single system serves to both warm and cool your home. That means you have less to worry about in terms of maintenance, repairs, installation, and other factors.
- Energy efficiency. Compared to other HVAC systems, heat pumps are quite efficient. These devices rely on energy to transmit heat instead of constantly burning fuel to generate warmth.
- Humidity solutions. Heat pumps are even designed to dehumidify a living space. The average heat pump zaps the moisture out of a humid indoor environment much more efficiently than air conditioners.
Contact Air Experts in Raleigh to get an estimate on heat pump installation in our area!
Why Choose Us Heat Pump Replacement?
- Trust. Your heat pump installer should guarantee every aspect of their work. Our Super Seven Guarantees have become the gold standard for heating and cooling service in the Raleigh-Durham area.
- Longevity. Air Experts has been serving homeowners in the Triangle area since 1986. Many of our customers have trusted only us for their heating and cooling needs for a decade or more.
- Reliability. Breakdowns don’t only happen during regular business hours. Air Experts offers 24/7/365 emergency heat pump service for added peace of mind.
Schedule a Heat Pump Installation or Replacement
The certified professionals at Air Experts maintain the highest standards of excellence for customer service, repair, maintenance, and installation. Our Super Seven Guarantees are your assurance of quality and dependability, and we offer a wide variety of high-quality, energy-efficient heat pumps from trusted manufacturers, including Carrier, Lennox, and Rheem.
Call Air Experts today at 919-480-2727 to learn more about heat pump replacement options, or contact us online and let us know how we can help.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a heat pump and why should I have one?
Heat pumps are an efficient heating and cooling system that can be gas or electric. They are great at creating a uniform temperature in your home and do not produce overly dry air like a furnace can. They are very efficient systems and are especially environmentally friendly when powered by electricity instead of gas. While the initial cost of the system is higher, the energy bill savings you will accumulate over the years will balance out the cost. Heat pumps are a great choice for all Raleigh and Durham area residents due to their high efficiency and guaranteed comfort.
How does a heat pump work?
Instead of generating heat with a flame or heating element, they exchange heat. In summer, coolant is circulated, or pumped, from a compressor outside into the house where it cools the inside air. The coolant is then pumped back outside to release the heat absorbed from the inside air, and the process is repeated.
In cooler weather, the process is reversed, and the coolant absorbs heat from the outside air and is compressed until it becomes very warm. It is then circulated into the house where the warmed coolant heats the indoor air. In effect, it is your air conditioner working in reverse.
Heat pumps are designed to run all year long to keep your home at a comfortable temperature no matter the weather outside.