Duct Sealing Services in Raleigh & Durham, NC
Along with your electrical and plumbing services, your duct network operates behind the scenes, acting as the circulatory system for your HVAC system. Supply and return vents deliver and then return conditioned air continuously throughout each room in your home—but the quality and quantity of air you receive can easily become compromised due to leaky ductwork.
For reliable, quality duct sealing services in around the Raleigh Durham area, call Air Experts Heating & Cooling today at 919-480-2727, or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
The Consequences of Leaky Ductwork
In a typical home, between 20 and 30 percent of conditioned air is lost to holes, cracks, or areas of disconnect in the ducting network. The solution? Professional duct sealing services, which can help you avoid the following:
- Decreased efficiency. Under optimal conditions, your HVAC system will operate at peak performance. However, when conditioned or heated air escapes, the system must work even harder to reach the desired temperature in your home, decreasing the overall efficiency.
- Compromised air quality. Contaminated air from unconditioned spaces, such as your crawlspace or attic, may be drawn in to your duct system through areas of leakage, introducing particulates such as mold spores, dust, insulation particles, and more.
- Uneven heating. Are some rooms in your home warmer or colder than others? Leaky ductwork may be to blame, as conditioned air escapes before reaching its final destination.
- Increased energy costs. As your HVAC system is forced to work harder to replace air lost through leaky ducts, the amount of money it costs to heat or cool your home will rise.
- Shortened lifespan of equipment. System components may become dirty or prematurely worn due to overuse in an attempt to reach the desired setting on the thermostat.
Benefits of Professional Duct Sealing
Increased energy bills, lack of comfort, reduced airflow, and worsened allergy or asthma symptoms are all indicative of leaky ductwork and should be investigated by a trained technician. The benefits of professional duct sealing are immediate and long lasting, and include the following:
- Decreased energy bills
- Improved comfort
- Enhanced efficiency
- Cleaner indoor air
Signs Your Home May Benefit From Duct Sealing
Although the majority of your ductwork is located behind walls, floors, or ceilings, there will likely be a number of warning signs pointing to one or more leaks throughout your duct network, including:
- Poor airflow from supply vents
- Uneven heating
- Excess dust on surfaces
- Increased rate of allergy or asthma symptoms
- Higher than usual energy bills
- Poor ventilation
- HVAC system is constantly running
If you experience any or all of these symptoms, call Air Experts to inspect your ductwork, and make any necessary repairs.
Call Air Experts For Duct Sealing In The Raleigh Area of NC
Maximize your comfort and investment, with duct sealing services that enhance the performance and efficiency of your HVAC system. With over 30 years of experience, and quality services that are backed by our Super 7 Guarantees, you can trust the certified team of professionals at Air Experts for all your duct sealing, heating, cooling, and indoor air quality needs.