Air Conditioner Compressor Repair in Raleigh, NC
AC Compressor Repair in Durham, Chapel Hill, Wake Forest & Surrounding Areas
The last thing you want is to be left without a functional air conditioner to keep you cool in the North Carolina summer heat. Thankfully, the specialists at Air Experts are trained in servicing every part of your air conditioner, so we can always make sure that your system continues to run smoothly all summer long.
One of the most important parts of your air conditioner is the compressor, which is basically the heart of your AC system. The compressor is the driving force in the heat transfer process that cools down your home. Without a functional compressor, your air conditioner can’t effectively cool the way it’s meant to!
If your compressor is in need of repair or maintenance, call the air conditioning specialists at Air Experts at 919-480-2727 or contact us online now.
Signs That You Need Air Conditioner Compressor Repair Services in Your North Carolina Home
If you suspect that your air conditioner’s compressor may be on its way to failing, it’s important to contact an HVAC technician right away! The compressor is one of the most vital (and costly) parts of your system, so if something is wrong with it, identifying the problem sooner than later is crucial.
A few signs that you may be experiencing air conditioner compressor failure include:
- Circuit Breaker Tripping – If your compressor is stressed or working too hard, it can cause your circuit breaker to trip, cutting power from your AC system. If you notice that this starts to happen often, the culprit may be a failing compressor.
- Strange Noises – Your air conditioner will always make some noise while it’s operating. However, if you notice that it starts to become louder than usual or if it is making a buzzing noise you’ve never heard before, the compressor may be at fault.
- Shakes and Stutters When Starting – This is also referred to as a “hard start,” and it means that your outdoor unit shakes or stutters in a violent way when it turns on. Typically, a failing compressor causes this issue.
- Lack of Cool Air in Your Home – When your compressor fails, so does the cooling process. If your home stops receiving enough/any cool air, the compressor could be the problem.
If you are experiencing these or any other issues that lead you to believe that your air conditioner’s compressor is malfunctioning and requires repair, call the Air Experts team to address the issue today. You can contact us online or by phone at 919-480-2727.
Common Causes of Air Conditioner Compressor Failure
If you’re scheduling regular HVAC maintenance and tune-ups, then you should not experience the above warning signs for air conditioner compressor failure. There are a few preventable causes for compressor failure that our technicians know to look for so that you don’t end up dealing with a costly repair or replacement.
Some common preventable causes of air conditioner compressor failure include:
- Blockage in Suction Lines – If the refrigerant lines in your unit are blocked, your air conditioner will be unable to effectively cool your home. Eventually, the rising pressure and temperature can cause your unit to overheat, which can lead your compressor to fail.
- Dirty Coils – If your condenser coils are caked with dust or scale build-up, your air conditioner won’t be able to send heat out from your system, which means it has to work 24/7 in an attempt to cool your space. This can overwork your air conditioner and lead to compressor failure.
- Refrigerant Issues – If an inexperienced technician or DIYer adds too much refrigerant (or the incorrect kind of refrigerant) to your unit, it can have a horrible impact on your compressor. Additionally, if your refrigerant lines have cracks, you could experience leaks, which makes your compressor work harder to disperse adequate levels of refrigerant to keep your home cool. This stress can lead to a compressor breakdown.
To schedule a preventative maintenance appointment to ensure that your compressor is running in tip-top shape, contact Air Experts online or give us a call today at 919-480-2727.
Why Choose Air Experts?
Air Experts Heating & Cooling has been the Triangle’s go-to for all home heating, cooling, and indoor air quality needs since 1986. For three decades, homeowners in and around the area have turned to Air Experts because of the professional knowledge and continued reliability we’ve provided.
Our Super 7 Guarantees assure you that your satisfaction and comfort are our number one priority. If you’re in need of AC repair in Raleigh, don’t suffer through night after sleepless night in a too-hot house. Your family’s comfort shouldn’t be compromised.