Furnace Igniter Repair Services in Raleigh, NC
Igniters are still considered somewhat new technology when it comes to gas furnaces. They essentially replace old pilot systems, instead offering an electrically-powered and simple system that handles the ignition of gas. The use of them in modern systems has overall been a huge advantage, reducing fuel costs and adding safety by removing pilot systems—but that’s not to say they’re perfect.
Stuck in the cold and having trouble with your furnace igniter? The certified HVAC professionals at Air Experts have the solution! We’ve been bringing Raleigh, NC homeowners the best in fast and effective heating repair services for years.
Looking for repair services for your furnace igniter in the Raleigh area? Contact Air Experts today!
What Causes Furnace Igniters to Fail?
Igniters are small parts, just one tiny component within your system. You wouldn’t think that too many things could cause this small component to fail, thus causing your whole furnace to malfunction, would you? Well, they can!
There are a variety of things that could cause your furnace’s igniter to malfunction or to fail altogether. But at air Experts, we’ve seen (and can repair!) it all.
- Electrical complications. If your home experiences a power surge, you stand to lose power to many high-powered appliances. In these situations, small parts of those appliances (like your gas furnace igniter) are at a particularly high risk, since the appliances aren’t shut off properly when the power goes out. If you’ve had a surge recently and suddenly your igniter is failing to operate, odds are that it burnt out from not being shut down correctly.
- Limit switch failure. This isn’t an issue with the igniter itself, but with another system in your furnace. The limit switch ensures your furnace doesn’t get hot to the point of being dangerous, and the switch will inhibit your igniter to prevent it from operating when your furnace overheats. When this happens, the igniter will often stop functioning at all, even after the furnace is no longer in danger of overheating.
- Sheer age. In general, an igniter can be expected to last a good few years, but most of the time it will not last quite as long as the gas furnace itself. It could be that your problem is just an old, worn out igniter.
Our Gas Furnace Igniter Repair Process
Every single repair we perform follows the same overall process. From the moment of your call, we dispatch one of our fully-equipped vehicles with a certified HVAC professional right away. And once we’re there, we’ll be using industry-proven diagnostics to carefully and meticulously locate and remedy your furnace issues. We work hard to hold all of our certified and trained technicians to the highest standards so that you can expect the best from our company.
We have been working hard in the Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill areas since 1986. Over the years, we have learned what our customers expect and want from our company. That’s why we have implemented our Super Seven Guarantees:
- Comfort Guarantee
- No Frustration Guarantee
- Low Price Guarantee
- 30% Utility Savings Guarantee
- Property Protection Guarantee
- Installation Date Guarantee
- Timeliness Guarantee
Learn more about how we use these guarantees to guide everything we do for our customers in North Carolina.
Choose Air Experts for Gas Furnace Repair Services in Raleigh & Surrounding Areas
Whether you’re in the market for routine heating system maintenance, a full replacement, or just need a reliable repair professional to answer some questions, we will always have you covered. Triangle area homeowners have been depending on our team for years, and we never fail to provide superior service and quality to our patrons.
Call our team at Air Experts for furnace igniter repair in Raleigh, Durham, or Chapel Hill at 919-480-2727, or schedule your repair appointment online today!