Ductless Mini-Split Repair in Raleigh, NC
One of the benefits of installing a ductless mini-split system in your Raleigh home is the fact that these systems last and last. In fact, it’s not uncommon for one of these systems to provide reliable heating and cooling for over two decades! However, that doesn’t mean you won’t need repair from time to time. If your system needs service, Air Experts Heating & Cooling is here to help. With our skilled team and our Super Seven Guarantees, you can be confident in the service you will receive.
Is your mini-split system having trouble? Call Air Experts for service at 919-480-2727 today!
What is a Ductless Mini-Split System?
Ductless mini-split systems require no ducts, which means they are easy to install in any room of your home. They operate on the same principles as whole-home air conditioning systems, which means they have an outdoor unit that contains a compressor, with an indoor unit that contains the evaporator coils. The coils absorb the air from the room. Then, the heat is transferred to the refrigerant and circulated through the outdoor unit. It’s a simple, effective, and efficient method of cooling your home.
Signs You Need Ductless Mini-Split Repair
While ductless mini-split systems are known for their reliability, they can have problems from time to time. Here are some signs to watch for that indicate it’s time to consider ductless mini-split repair service:
- An indoor unit fails to run. A ductless mini-split has indoor units that deliver heated or cooled air to the home. If one of these isn’t working and seems to be set properly, then you need to give Air Experts a call.
- An indoor unit blows air that’s not properly conditioned. If the air coming out of the indoor unit seems too warm or cool, then the filter may be clogged or ice may be blocking the blower wheel. If these are not the problems, then call us!
- The outdoor unit isn’t working. If the outdoor unit is not working and everything appears to be properly set, then you need to call. This can be due to a number of problems that need an expert’s touch.
- Unusual sounds are coming from the system. Unusual sounds can be a sign that a problem is brewing, so call us for a diagnosis right away.
- There are visible leaks coming from the system. Moisture can be due to condensation, or it can be due to refrigerant leaks and other problems. If you can’t determine the reason for moisture, have it checked out.
- Unusual smells are coming from the system. If the system smells of burning plastic, you may have an electrical problem that needs to be addressed for your safety.
- The system is performing poorly. If everything seems to be working properly, but your energy bills are skyrocketing or your system is not cooling your home as well as it once did, then you need to have it looked at.
If you are noticing any of these problems, Air Experts is just a phone call away. Let us know how we can help you with your ductless mini-split repair needs today.
Benefits of Preventative Maintenance in Raleigh
In addition to ensuring reliable comfort, preventative maintenance helps prolong the operational life span of your ductless mini-split. Cleaning and inspecting your system every month and scheduling an annual maintenance visit ensures that the unit delivers cost-effective cooling year after year.
Ready to schedule preventative maintenance for your ductless mini-split in North Carolina? Contact our team at Air Experts by calling (919) 480-2727 to schedule an appointment!
Our Ductless Mini-Split Repair Services
As with any mechanical system, ductless mini-splits are packed with numerous components that can falter and fail as time passes. Coils can leak, compressors can break, filters can clog, wires can detach, etc. When parts fail, our certified HVAC professionals can quickly identify the cause of the failure and perform the necessary repairs. We maintain a full stock of high-quality components and can resolve almost any failure we discover. When repair is unadvisable, either due to the extent of the damage or the age of the unit, we will recommend and install a suitable replacement that will deliver the cost-effective, efficient comfort you desire.
Why Choose Air Experts in Raleigh, NC?
At Air Experts, we want to keep your family safe and comfortable. We offer exceptional service for ductless mini-splits and other HVAC systems, all backed by our Super Seven Guarantees. When you call Air Experts, you receive service from a team that will put your needs first, ensuring that your system is functioning as it should so your family is comfortable and safe.
Don’t trust your ductless mini-split repair needs to anyone but the best. We proudly serve the entire Raleigh region, and are ready to help you enjoy a functional and reliable system—call today!
Frequently Asked Questions About Ductless Mini-Split Repairs
What are the most common problems with ductless mini-splits?
Condensate drains can clot or leak, as can refrigerant lines. Additionally, blower motors can wear out and fail. However, the most common cause of ductless mini-split failures is traced back to improper installation.
What causes short-cycling?
Short-cycling can occur because the system is either too large or too small for your needs. It can also occur because of leaks in the refrigerant coil, miscalibrated thermostats, compressor problems, or clogged air filters.
What happens if refrigerant runs low?
If the refrigerant is not recharged, it will lead to compressor failure. Thus, it is imperative to ensure that your system never runs out of refrigerant and that any refrigerant leaks are promptly corrected.
Do you have more questions about ductless mini-split repairs? Contact our team at Air Experts in Raleigh by calling (919) 480-2727.